This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Ebay

phantom

Postby phantom » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi

I need to know the fact before launching any business espeically in Ebay. I understand that you need to register as a self-employer hence I have to pay class 2 and class 4 national insurance contribution.

What if my items sold at a profit, do i require to pay more tax? If can you please give me the information.

Is anymore tax that I need to pay out?

Thank in advance

UFO

deanshepherd

Postby deanshepherd » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:59 am

If you are carrying on a business with a view to profit then you will be taxed on those profits.

Selling second hand items of your own on eBay is not usually a business, purchasing items with the intent to resell and make a profit is a business.

I have a free business start-up guide which contains a lot of useful information. Feel free to email me if you would like a copy.

Dean Shepherd
dean.shepherd@mmi-online.co.uk
MMI Accountancy
www.mmi-online.co.uk

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”