This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

overseas pension advice

Joined:Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:49 pm
overseas pension advice

Postby tony73 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:53 pm

can someone please assist, my mother in law is coming to UK to live with us, she receives a pension from Greece, if its transferred to a UK account will she be liable for tax ?

Thanks in advance..

Joined:Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: overseas pension advice

Postby AmanSood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:20 am

The UK/Greece Double tax treaty would exempt the pension from Greek tax but as a UK tax resident your mother-in-law would be taxable on her pension in the UK.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”