This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

AUTO ENROLMENT - Confused Employer

landlord1234
AUTO ENROLMENT - Confused Employer

Postby landlord1234 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi ,
As a small employer with 2 employees just above the threshold it appears I need to set up a pension scheme.

Is this discussed anywhere on this forum , or any other ?

Can anyone point me in the direction of any online information other than the pensions regulator website ?

Is the NEST provider the 'default' option , and is it a reasonable option for low cost / least hassle way of being compliant ?

Thanks

LozaACCS

Re: AUTO ENROLMENT - Confused Employer

Postby LozaACCS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 pm

I cannot recall any threads on this subject.
We have sub contracted the whole of our wages and auto enrolment obligations since we are no longer interested in doing wages/SSP/Maternity pay/advance funding etc-etc for peanuts,we could make more money delivering news papers, prior to abandoning this worthless activity we did use the peoples pension, our agents use them and NEST, given that NEST is FOC that seems a powerful incentive to use them.
If you adopt the maxim of do not engage in anything that does not make you money, perhaps you should do the same.

landlord1234

Re: AUTO ENROLMENT - Confused Employer

Postby landlord1234 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:13 pm

It isn't the potential cost that is troubling me, it is the time required to set it up and manage it.

I've spent a day not running my business and working out what is required. It appears that I need to set up a scam , sorry scheme in order to pay about £70 / per year per employee , and they add £70. I then have log to on to this scheme every time I run my payroll.

Doing this while listening to the chancellor rabbit on about improving productivity.

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”