This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Pension for non-UK resident working in UK <10 years

MaudD
Pension for non-UK resident working in UK <10 years

Postby MaudD » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello,

I’m a Dutch citizen. I work for an organisation that is registered in both the UK and the Netherlands.
I recently moved to the UK for personal reasons and will most likely stay in the UK for around 3 years.
My employer has given the option to get a contract with either the UK or the Dutch office and I am now trying to find out which would be best in terms of tax, pension and social security. The questions I’m hoping to find an answer for here are:

- If I decide on a contract with the UK office: are there pension arrangements recommended to consider? (E.g. New State Pension + private)
- If I decide on a contract with the UK office: will I be able to claim the New State Pension and/or private pension if I work in the UK for less than 10 years?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance,
Maud

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”