This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Commercial premises in SIPP

hpr23
Commercial premises in SIPP

Postby hpr23 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:46 am

I am considering buying a commercial/industrial unit as I work in the building trade. Is it possible to put this commercial property into a SIPP and then charge my Ltd company rent?
I have heard of dentists/doctors/accountants etc doing this with their premises but don't know how to actually do this, who to go with, or the initial set up and annual charges that might be involved.
It just seems a good idea in principle because I genuinely need space for storage and to fabricate things but the rent I pay could be growing tax free within the pension.

Many thanks

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”