This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Help with pension allowance carry forward calculation

miro2021
Help with pension allowance carry forward calculation

Postby miro2021 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi

I'm hoping someone can clarify the calculation of carry forward allowance.

I used this HL calculator to try and work out the allowance but have become confused as to the amounts to enter in the pension contribution fields per year.
https://www.hl.co.uk/pensions/contributions/carry-forward-rule/annual-allowance-calculator

When I log in to my stakeholder pension's online portal and view the figures for contributions per tax year I see for example
eg.
Amount of your contributions: £ 24,000 Net £ 30,000 Gross
Amount of your employer contributions: £5,000 Gross

I'm not clear whether I should enter £29,000 or £35,000 into the calculator for that tax year.

I would be grateful if anyone can clarify - I've read a umber of articles online but still a bit confused..

darthblingbling

Re: Help with pension allowance carry forward calculation

Postby darthblingbling » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm

£35k

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”