This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Advice on Excess Reportable Income

Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Advice on Excess Reportable Income

Postby Marco111 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:26 pm

I would like some advice on how to deal with "Excess Reportable Income" - ERI

1) I gather that this has to be declared, but am not sure how to declare it. Where on a UK tax return is this declared is it considered income or dividends.

2) If I declare this ERI each year for a particular fund, and then I sell my shares, do I deduct the amounts that I have declared from the capital gains? (i.e. do I have to keep track of the cumulative amount of ERI over the years for a fund, so that I can deduct it from my gains?)

Thanks for any advice.

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”