This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax relief on private pension after drawing state pension

CJCJ
Tax relief on private pension after drawing state pension

Postby CJCJ » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello, I'm self-employed and will reach state pension age in 2021, when will claim my state pension. However I will continue with my self-employment business and paying into a private pension plan. My question is, is tax relief still available on private pension contributions for those who have reached retirement age and draw their state pensions while continuing earn income (under £40,000) through self-employment? (Unfortunately retirement is not an option for the foreseeable future.) Many thanks!

pawncob

Re: Tax relief on private pension after drawing state pension

Postby pawncob » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:15 pm

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/archive/reasons-to-pay-into-a-pension-even-after-you-retire
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

CJCJ

Re: Tax relief on private pension after drawing state pension

Postby CJCJ » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”