This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Early year adjustment and covid

lancasd
Re: Early year adjustment and covid

Postby lancasd » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Yes Robbob - I confirm that this did not just move the tax from one year to another. Roughly - the annual pension is £20k
and I retired in summer 2018 - so two years worth of arrears paid in late 2019-20 would not take me into a higher
bracket, but two years worth of arrears + one year of regular pension in 2020-21, have done so.

Again I thank you both for your support and advice. Up to minor amounts related to untaxed interest and tax from
2018-19, I agree with the figures in the P800. I will write again to HMRC and will let you know of further developments.

d

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”