This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Cash ISA’s to Investment ISA’s

zaxtab
Cash ISA’s to Investment ISA’s

Postby zaxtab » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:01 pm

If I have say £50k in Cash ISA’s with a BS Provider, and this amount is made up of ISA contributions over a number of different Tax years, can I transfer SOME of this £50k to an Investment Platform(retaining ISA status) or do I have to transfer ALL?

pawncob

Re: Cash ISA’s to Investment ISA’s

Postby pawncob » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:46 pm

All or nothing.
https://www.gov.uk/individual-savings-accounts/transferring-your-isa
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

zaxtab

Postby zaxtab » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:16 am

Thanks pawncob...but this is an extract from your link....so perhaps not all or nothing!

‘For money you invested in previous years, you can choose to transfer all or part of your savings.’

pawncob

Postby pawncob » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Suggest you ask the new provider whether they accept partial transfers.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

ben_power

Postby ben_power » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:20 am

It's dependent on the cash ISA provider. Some providers allow partial transfers some don't. Call them and check.

If you're moving into an investment ISA please seek independent financial advice and consider the timeframe for investment, the risks, the cost and any ethical beliefs you may have.

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”