This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment - Pension Relief

Jupiter01
Self Assessment - Pension Relief

Postby Jupiter01 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:51 pm

Where in the SA do I enter my SIPP contributions please? I am a high rate tax payer and want to claim the additional tax relief.

I would really appreciate if someone can send me a screenshot please.

Thanks in advance.

darthblingbling

Re: Self Assessment - Pension Relief

Postby darthblingbling » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:02 pm

The forum software is ancient and doesn't allow images it seems, but it's sa100 page TR4 box 1. Make sure it's the gross value

Jupiter01

Postby Jupiter01 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:24 am

The forum software is ancient and doesn't allow images it seems, but it's sa100 page TR4 box 1. Make sure it's the gross value
Thanks. For avoidance of doubt, is the gross value my contribution as stated in payslip plus the 20% relief detached by the pension provider? It should not include the employers contribution as I understand it.

darthblingbling

Postby darthblingbling » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:40 am

Correct, assuming your employer's scheme is a relief at source scheme.

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”