This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Defined Contribution Pension Plan, any pension experts here? - Company Changes

AnyOldRags
Defined Contribution Pension Plan, any pension experts here? - Company Changes

Postby AnyOldRags » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:58 pm

Hi sorry not really a tax question but hoping a pension expert might drop in.

I have been in my employeers DC pension scheme for 15+ years and prior to that in the employeers DB Scheme before it was frozen.

In the DC I have monies in a well established fund and was planning to leave it in situ until I transferred out at retirement and then drawdown as needed.

The company have decided to give me a few weeks notice to select a new fund and intend to withdraw all my money from the existing fund and invest this in the new fund.

The challenge I find with this is that the new funds are 'new' funds with no track record or history, this feels like a risk I do not want to take.

Is there any pension regulation that means they cannot do this if I object?

Appreciate any advice you can offer

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”