This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

TRANSFERRING MONEY FROM CREDIT CARD TO BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT, QUERY?

Smithy01
TRANSFERRING MONEY FROM CREDIT CARD TO BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT, QUERY?

Postby Smithy01 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi.
I just have a query... I am a small business and my query is as follows...
If I transfer say £3000 from my credit card to my business bank account to buy materials for my business, can someone tell me how this sum of money is seen in my business account?? What I am saying is that its not money I have earned so obviously will not be taxed on it! The problem I am having is that I am unable to use my credit card to purchase the goods I wish to buy - the company only accepts bank transfers hence the issue.
Can someone just advise me please?
OR, would it be best to transfer the money from my credit card into my non business account and then just buy the goods I require for my business and just noting the expenses as 'allowable expenses?'
Hope I have made things clear?
Thank you very much for any replies received... much appreciated.

pawncob

Re: TRANSFERRING MONEY FROM CREDIT CARD TO BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT, QUERY?

Postby pawncob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:15 pm

It's Capital Introduced so credit it to Capital account.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Business Tax”