This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Business Travel expenses

a.gulzar@btinternet.

Postby a.gulzar@btinternet. » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:29 pm

I am a market trader - carry my stock in a van to the market and set up my stall. At the end of the day, the stock is kept in my van, and the van is not used for private use, due to safety reasons. HMIT claims that there is an element of travel to work from home and wants to add back some of the cost. They refer to Newsom v Robertson and Powell v Jackman, and BIM37605 and BIM376666635.
Your comments will be apprecaited.

Bob Jones

Postby Bob Jones » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:14 pm

Are you at the same market every day or do you move from market to market? Do you hire the space? Some market stalls are effectively lock up shops - do you think you come within that definition?

Bob

a.gulzar@btinternet.

Postby a.gulzar@btinternet. » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:01 am

I am on the same market every day.
the stall is not lock up, but just pitch.(floor space) I have to build the
stall every day using aliminimum poles,and plywood sheets which I carry in my van.

Return to “Business Tax”