This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

What do we need to keep for tax man records and how long???

RJUK

Postby RJUK » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:01 am

How logn do we keep our Business Bank Account Statments incase of investigation?

Also do we need to keep personal accounts statements too as I have online banking and they only stay online for 1 year and I don't get paper ones.

I never actually use my personal account for business anyhow.

Also personal Credit card statements are these required or just business ones?

I am only self employed and not a big earner.

Thanks

Gregory

Postby Gregory » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:07 am

As per the Inland Revenue's website "You must keep all records for at least 5 years from the latest date for sending back your tax return."

I recommend that you keep all business and personal bank statements and records as the I/Rev would want to see all your records.
If you use your personal credit card for any business transactions this would be required.

Return to “Business Tax”