This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

SDLT - Renewal of short lease

fostergmf
SDLT - Renewal of short lease

Postby fostergmf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:41 am

Hi,

Legal & Prof costs on the renewal of a short lease are normally DI deductible by concession. Does this concession include any SDLT on the renewal?

If it does, HMRC manuals refer to 'de minimis' - does anybody have any idea roughly how much is de minimis?

My initial thoughts would be that SDLT is not a Legal & Prof cost as it is a tax, not by strict definition a Legal & Prof cost.

My idea of de minimis would be up to £2k.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

cranleys

Re: SDLT - Renewal of short lease

Postby cranleys » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 am

SDLT should also be included in this consession.

fostergmf

Re: SDLT - Renewal of short lease

Postby fostergmf » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am

Hi

Thanks for this, but on what basis are you claiming this-is it in a manual or referenced somewhere?

Also, if I say had £20k of SDLT, would you still claim it within the concession.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Business Tax”