This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

online corporation tax return ct600

paul50
online corporation tax return ct600

Postby paul50 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi, I'm trying to complete my online corporation tax using a ct600 form. I'm using the figures from the profit and loss sheet to provide the information its requesting which are, turnover, cost of sales, distribution costs and administrative expenses. After putting the figures in it says the balance sheet does not tally. Shareholders funds must equal the total net assets. (liabilities). Please check your figures and correct your entries as necessary.

For the turnover, I've used the figures from the profit and loss that says product sales. Cost of sales are from the same sheet and made up of gross wages and motor expenses. Distribution costs are made up with miscellaneous expenses and administrative expenses are made up of rent and rates, travelling, printing and stationery, professional fees and general expenses. It automatically calculates the following, gross profit or loss, operating profit or loss, profit and loss on ordinary activities before taxation, profit and loss for the financial year and net balance for the financial period transferred to reserves. I do not receive any other income or interest so the other boxes are left empty. I really could do with some help. My filling date is the 28/2/2014. I will be grateful for any assistance.

Thank you
Paul

bd6759

Re: online corporation tax return ct600

Postby bd6759 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:27 pm

The error message relates to the balance sheet, not the profit & loss account.
You will need to enter the balance sheet figures as well.

Return to “Business Tax”