This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

New Business LTD accounts liable

wellb
New Business LTD accounts liable

Postby wellb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello

I currently work part time and am not liable for tax as I fall under the threshold ( under £6500 per year). I am looking to setup a LTD company to work alongside this were I will be earning on at most £9k-12k.

I will be renting an office for this, and other cost involved. I would like to know how this would firstly effect tax wise, what I would be liable to pay ect.

As I will be paying VAT is it worth me registering for this.

I also wanted to know how taking out dividends as wage exactly work as its not clear to me. As my capital gains is low and my outgoings and incoming is straight forward do I need an accountant for this or can it be done myself.

I'd be grateful if someone can get back to me and I am in Lancashire if someone can offer something reasonable pricing going forward with this.

Thanks

jpcentral

Re: New Business LTD accounts liable

Postby jpcentral » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Your questions would probably take over an hour to answer. There are a lot of possible variables in what you are asking.

Can I suggest that you find a local firm which will give you a free hour and spend some time face to face with someone.
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:14 pm

The short answer is that you would be wasting money on a Ltd company if the income is so low.

Incredulum

Postby Incredulum » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:02 pm

The short answer is that you would be wasting money on a Ltd company if the income is so low.
It depends on what he plans to do. The main reason for a limited company is not - strictly - tax.

King_Maker

Postby King_Maker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Do you have non-tax reasons for trading via a limited company?

A chat with a local accountant is probably a good idea.

Return to “Business Tax”