This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Paying a person abroad to do work

Paying a person abroad to do work

Postby 170872 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:44 pm

I have a small bookkeeping business and I am planning to pay someone abroad to do some bookkeeping work for me. They have a bank account in the UK.

To follow the law correctly, can I just pay them the money straight into their bank accounts in the UK when they send me an invoice from abroad via email? Another question is can they be a freelance bookkeeper abroad or should they have a proper business so that I can demonstrate I am paying for the legitimate service provided by them

Thanks and look forward to some advice

Many thanks

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Paying a person abroad to do work

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi

I think that is the least of your worries when outsourcing overseas. There is no specific law on how to invoice overseas

Outsourcing can be worthwhile but only if the due diligence is carried out and a contract is in place

You also need to ensure the data is secure and they do not hold you to ransom if you decide to bring back the work to the UK

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “Business Tax”