This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Umbrella company margin

Aubyns
Umbrella company margin

Postby Aubyns » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Dear fellow members,

I have been looking through various tax journals, information on the net, and also speaking with the technical team with HMRC.

From what I understand and I may be wrong that if a Umbrella company charges a margin on the initial value of a n employee contract, the margin is not subject to VAT. However if the Umbrella company charges an admin fee then this is subject to the usual VAT rules.
I have spoken to a number of Accountants who either don't know or just got a gut feeling.

Does anyone know if the margin is subject to VAT, and can they point me in the right director in terms of the law pertaining to it.

Regards

Aubyn Strachan

Return to “Business Tax”