This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BIK on company car

danruttle
BIK on company car

Postby danruttle » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 pm

with ridiculous taxation on company cars these days my question is this:

based on a Land Rover Discovery 4;

i calculated on comcar website my tax would be £636/month but my idea is this:

if the company purchased the car for say £35000 then sold it back to me on HP privately for say 6 years with me paying £486/month is there any BIK involved?
obviously this would be the case if i walked into a dealership but is it any different if its my own company i buy it from?

SteLacca

Re: BIK on company car

Postby SteLacca » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm

It would depend. Unless you are paying interest to your company included in the £486 per month, HMRC will suggest that you have a tax-free loan, which attracts a benefit in kind all by itself. If you do pay interest, then of course corporation tax will be payable in the interest by the company. If interest paid to the company is the same as interest paid by the company, then corporation tax relief on the interest will be cancelled out by the corporation tax charge on the interest.

Return to “Business Tax”