This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

maybe a stupid question?

dylanj7393
maybe a stupid question?

Postby dylanj7393 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi guys, new here.

Filling out my partnership return and my own return, as well as the other partners.
Ive filled out SA returns for a few years now but this is my first partnership form.

Getting to grips with it but what is confusing me is..

We made a loss of £3045.

However, we paid ourselves a total of £1850 (between us).

How do I enter this? Its asking for my share of the profit/loss, so do i put in what I earned as income or what I lost (half of £3045)?

Thanks for help and sorry if its a stupid question

bd6759

Re: maybe a stupid question?

Postby bd6759 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:46 pm

You are taxed on the profits, not what you take out of the business. Note that the amount you take out is not an expense an should not be in the profit and loss account.

The partnership return shows the overall profit or loss, and also shows how this is be shared between the partners.

In your own personal return you enter your share of the profit or loss.

Return to “Business Tax”