This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Do I have to pay withholding tax when buying Turkish tv drama?

Neil_R
Do I have to pay withholding tax when buying Turkish tv drama?

Postby Neil_R » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:07 am

Hi,

I'm in the tv content distribution business. I'm based in the UK and buying a Turkish tv drama and sub-licensing to other tv channels (outside of the EU). I'll be getting an invoice from the Turkish company soon. What are my obligations in respect to WHT (withholding tax)? I can get a certificate of residence from the Turkish side if that helps. I'm just at a loss as to what the correct action to take is!! Do I need to to pay HMRC a certain % of the invoice value (and hence not pay the Turkish company this sum) or what...??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to “Business Tax”