This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Online filing of Subsidiary Corporation Tax return??

DMcI
Online filing of Subsidiary Corporation Tax return??

Postby DMcI » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi All, I'm a Finance Manager in a small International Group. We have a subsidiary of the Group in UK. Very little business in the UK company; turnover <50k.
As I only started with the Group this year I prepared the financial statements (micro-entity) in-house to reduce on external accountants cost. My plan was to also file the Corporation Tax return online (on Gov.uk) but seems like as company is part of Group I can't file online.

I already have tax computation prepared and have paper CT return completed - so all I need is an agent to file this electronically. I don't really want to ask our prior accountants to file CT return as they already lost a big fee by me preparing financial statements in-house.
Would any tax advisers be interested to provide this service for minimal fee (£200-300); as all I need them to do is replicate my prepared paper return on the online return.
I could potentially file it online by not selecting that it is part of a Group but what is risk? I know its not 100% correct but there is no tax liability.
Any advice greatly appreciated?

Return to “Business Tax”