This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Going LTD

Glass22
Going LTD

Postby Glass22 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to move from sole trader to Ltd,

I can't afford an accountant

Once I set up a Ltd, how do I then move assets into the Ltd company from being a sole trader?

Is issuing dividends to myself as simple as doing a bank transfer from the LTD bank to my personal account?

How simple will it be for me to do my own returns as Ltd?

Glass22

Re: Going LTD

Postby Glass22 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Also

If I need to buy stock or anything for the Ltd company from my own bank/money can the LTd company just pay me the expenses back?

AnthonyR

Re: Going LTD

Postby AnthonyR » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:35 pm

If you can't afford an accountant you probably shouldn't be transferring to a limited company unless you have experience preparing formal accounts as it requires the preparation of statutory accounts in a particular format, tax returns for the company, personal tax returns recognising the income.

However, on that front if you have very minimal income/expenses/transactions then the cost of having an accountant assist you should not be excessive and many accountants will allow you to spread the cost, paying on a monthly basis.
Anthony Rogers LLB CTA TEP
Fusion Partners LLP
anthony@fusionpartners.co.uk

Return to “Business Tax”