This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

R&D Tax Relief Across Multiple Companies

Albychu
R&D Tax Relief Across Multiple Companies

Postby Albychu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Hey There,

I have a number of different companies, but some are under nominees (to protect my information from the public registry).

Now, I have what I believe to be genuine R&D claims, as the 5 separate companies are building out tech products in the medical and mobile technology fields.

The average annual expenditure for these companies is just below the VAT threshold (they are startups), so about £75k worth of expenditure in each company.

Here's the catch I need advice on.

What are the R&D tax relief rates I should be calculating on connected companies? The qualifying expenditure has come from this group of companies, and even though I am not a listed director, I am a shareholder behind the nominee - so by virtue of that, these companies are connected.

My question is then, in theory, if one company was to spend £100,000 on services to another one of the companies, and let's say it was all qualifying subcontracting expenditure, what would be the correct rate of R&D relief/credit I should be applying for.

Thanks so much for any further help here, it's a little complicated but I'm hopeful the great minds here will be able to give me some steer.

- A

Albychu

Re: R&D Tax Relief Across Multiple Companies

Postby Albychu » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Nice Question. If you want to know about anything then first go to google. It gives you the right and correct answer than us. Here we say anything wrong and there occurs a problem with you at those conditions you blame us. So, I suggest you go with google first.
Well, obviously I did go to Google, but this is a technical question...hence why I am asking for advice on a detail orientated forum. :)

Return to “Business Tax”