This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

New Co. For taking online payments

andrewjames1977
New Co. For taking online payments

Postby andrewjames1977 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi - I have multiple companies that have online payments. I'd like to set-up a new company to manage all their online payments in one place and make it easier and cheaper for all. My question is if this New Co. is taking payments are they treated as income for the new co. even though they are for 3rd parties that will pay New Co. a fee? Also would this mean I'd need to register the new co for VAT if they went over 80k. Many thanks

AGoodman

Re: New Co. For taking online payments

Postby AGoodman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:39 pm

You're probably getting in a complex area with CT/VAT and possibly regulatory aspects if the new company receives the money on behalf of the others.

I can't help with any of them and suspect you will struggle to get an answer here (I may be proved wrong)

Return to “Business Tax”