This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Sole trader - What tax deduction can I count on?

Concious_Entrepreneur
Sole trader - What tax deduction can I count on?

Postby Concious_Entrepreneur » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Good evening everyone,

I intend to become a sole trader (side hustle) soon but before that, I would like to educate myself in taxes, the company running cost etc.
For the reason that I am here.

First and for most, I have to purchase my own car. The questions are:

1. What exactly can I claim from car running costs? I would use it solely for business trips to clients no more than 12000 miles per year

I heard something that I could claim business mileage and fuel costs. If yes what is the best practice to do that?

How can I prove in the best possible way that I have done such and such business meeting milage during the year?

Could I claim the purchase cost of the used car as a sole trader?
If yes how can I do that?

2. Is better to lease the necessary equipment or just owned it? What can I claim?

Last but not least, what insurance companies do you recommend for a sole trader who has to buy public liability insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance?

3.Last one, What practices do you recommend to improve company Cashflow Policy?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

D&C

Re: Sole trader - What tax deduction can I count on?

Postby D&C » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 am

You are more likely to get responses if your post made sense.

You have titled it "Sole trader...." but have then referred to the company in the body of your post.

Until people know whether you are in fact a sole trader (self employed) or running a limited company then it's impossible for anyone to give any meaningful comment.

Return to “Business Tax”