This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Do you have personal allowance as limited?

RAnderson
Do you have personal allowance as limited?

Postby RAnderson » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:10 am

So i’m thinking about making the switch soon as corporate tax is 19% in Scotland however when limited is my first 12500 profit tax free?

I’m assuming when your a sole trader that you pay personal income tax just like every other worker rather than corporate tax like every limited business? I’m new to this and would like clarification :mrgreen:

bd6759

Re: Do you have personal allowance as limited?

Postby bd6759 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Yes. YOU do.

But your company doesn’t, and the income/profits belong to the company.

You’ll get taxed at the personal tax rates on the income you take out of the company.

D&C

Re: Do you have personal allowance as limited?

Postby D&C » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm

You really would be better getting an accountant (finding one friends or relatives have used and recommend is one option) as you are clearly way out of your depth.

You and the company are separate entities.

Return to “Business Tax”