This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Business grant payment query

tempusfugit
Business grant payment query

Postby tempusfugit » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello everyone.
I just have a query about the business grant payment of £10000 which some self employed people are entitled to.
If one is successful, how is this payment accounted for? Is it taxable income? (If it is deposited in a business account I presume that it is used for allowable expenses but is this amount added on to total turnover?).
I’m just a little confused how to account for it on my 20-21 tax return..
Thanks in advance

wamstax

Re: Business grant payment query

Postby wamstax » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:41 am

Given that it is a grant paid to meet business expenses - unless there was any special legislation - it would be taxable either in the form of adding to turnover or alternatively as covering expenditure
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

wamstax

Re: Business grant payment query

Postby wamstax » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:41 am

Given that it is a grant paid to meet business expenses - unless there was any special legislation - it would be taxable either in the form of adding to turnover or alternatively as covering expenditure
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Business Tax”