This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

short tax returns - self assessment

NEWOSA65
short tax returns - self assessment

Postby NEWOSA65 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am just beginning to wonder why I have not received my self assessment tax return (short tax return) for tax yr 19 - 20 ?
I think last year I had received by early May but still nothing as yet... I appreciate the fact that this year has been badly impacted with Covid but I am a little concerned if its gone astray?
Can anyone comment on this?
Cheers

robbob

Re: short tax returns - self assessment

Postby robbob » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 am

You should not really wait to receive anything from hmrc - once you hit 6/4/2020 you are good to go , if you filed online you will simply get a notice to file and no physical return. If you need physical pages these can be downloaded from hmrc website.

If you are unsure whether return has ben issued log ointo your gateway or use the most excellent self assessment webchat to confirm that a return has been issued albeit it may not have physically been issued.

Return to “Business Tax”