This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Commercial development Business vs Personal

pete710UK
Commercial development Business vs Personal

Postby pete710UK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Hello, I hope someone can help, I have purchased a small parcel of land which I hope to build 4 small workshops on. It is costing more than I expected and I have been paying for plans etc personally. I plan to maybe sell the workshops when built. I am wondering if I should purchase that land and pay for the planning through my small limited company rather than personally. I was planning on buying personally so to sell to my SIPP and some stage. The land was #75k and the units will be worth around #120k each when complete. Thank you for reading this, any advice very welcome!

bd6759

Re: Commercial development Business vs Personal

Postby bd6759 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 pm

It’s difficult to turn the clock back and rewrite history.

Apart from that, what advice are you looking for? You haven’t really posed a question or weighed you options.

Return to “Business Tax”