This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Limited company with R&D expenses while pay Tax from

hanman
Limited company with R&D expenses while pay Tax from

Postby hanman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:54 am

Hello

Thanks you for your time in advance, my accountant already sId no but I like to have a second opinion.

I have a Ltd company. It sunk a big chuck of my income for R&D and server rent to keep our business going forward while I am pay 40% tax. I also pay people outside of the UK to help me with development.

Is it possible to offset some of the lose I am incurring through tax rebate?

Thanks for your time.
Harry.

pawncob

Re: Limited company with R&D expenses while pay Tax from

Postby pawncob » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 pm

R&D and other legitimate expenses are deductible against the company's profits.
You get no tax relief.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Incredulum

Re: Limited company with R&D expenses while pay Tax from

Postby Incredulum » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:43 pm

You "can" get an R&D tax credit, provided what you're actually doing is making an advance in a technical field, rather than just benefiting your company. So developing a Covid vaccine, for instance. More reading here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-research-and-development-rd-relief#projects-that-count-as-rd

Return to “Business Tax”