This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Hiring my own company?

brighton1986
Hiring my own company?

Postby brighton1986 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Hello,

I am working to set up a small furniture making business as part of a limited company that I run. The company has already bought some tools and some stock of materials.

At the same time, I need to make a few items of furniture for family's personal use.

I'm wondering whether it is permitted to "hire" my own company for these jobs. By this, I mean that I would make the furniture using the company's tools and materials and then invoice my family as a customer. If I don't do this, would I then need to account for the private use of the company's tools?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Return to “Business Tax”