This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Late filing penalty before closing company, do I have to pay?

egit123
Late filing penalty before closing company, do I have to pay?

Postby egit123 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:48 pm

Hello,

I have received a letter from HMRC asking me to pay a penalty for my late filing for my ltd. I opened the company about a year ago but we never made any trading nor transfer of money. The company had been dormant from the very 1st day. When I received the last letter from HMRC for filing my accounts, I had to request them a code that took more than 9 days to arrive as they only delivered by pos. I still submitted the accounts reporting that the company was dormant, however It was my intention to close it sooner or later, and now that they ask me to pay the penalty I wonder whether I will still have to pay the penalty if I close my ltd?

Many thanks,

Egit

pawncob

Re: Late filing penalty before closing company, do I have to pay?

Postby pawncob » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Yes.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Business Tax”