This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Interest on my car finance

CIR

Postby CIR » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:00 am

As my car is used for business use, am I able to recover any of the interest on my car finance. I read somewhere that this is possible. Anyone know about this?

Thanks, Chris

topcom

Postby topcom » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:47 am

The car finance is allowable up to the business use percentange so if the bus mileage which by the way should be accurately logged, is 75% then 75% of the interest would be allowable. If the fixed profit car scheme mileage rates are used there is also an allowance for the interest in addition which is often forgotten. Again it is the business use percentage which can be paid as a separate item.
Charterhous Cons Ltd
07768 717195

Return to “Business Tax”