This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Making Tax Digital

etf
Re: Making Tax Digital

Postby etf » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:09 pm

If my memory is correct there was a Mccallum who played the invisible man. Giles may hope he can call on such powers if ever faced with the rabid accountingweb responders. I'd prefer Jim Harra ensured post submitted to HMRC in March (still waiting) got answered than waste his and our time on this nonsense.

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/hmrc-policy/hmrcs-giles-mccallum-on-the-purpose-of-mtd?page=1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AWUKPOTW201021&utm_content=AWUKPOTW201021%20CID_3551bbb020ecf678739a24cfb3ff6c7b&utm_source=internal_cm&utm_term=Read%20more

etf

Postby etf » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 am

And just to support my post yesterday, the letter I submitted to HMRC on 8 March, chased on 19 August, was told would be dealt with in the next 8 weeks remains unanswered.

Mr Harra do you really think you should be swanning around to conferences when the service your department is supposed to provide is in meltdown.

And just to stick the boot in again, I've not bothered chasing a 2nd letter submitted on the same day as I've been advised that particular department works to a 259 calendar year delay in responding to post.

etf

Postby etf » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:22 am

Okay I exaggerated .....259 calendar days (not years :D ).

etf

Postby etf » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 pm

1st 8 March letter answer received today.

2nd 8 March letter reply still outstanding.

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”