This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

tax return confirmation

steven13
tax return confirmation

Postby steven13 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm completing my Self assessment Tax Return. On the first page of the 'tailor your tax return' section there is a box to be ticked confirming the following 'I commit to providing honest and accurate information in the following return'.
This has never appeared in previous years and none of my friends who complete Returns have had the same on their Returns.
Is this significant in anyway?, or is it just added randomly to tax returns

SteLacca

Re: tax return confirmation

Postby SteLacca » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm

If you are sure that you are completing this in .gov.uk (I can't check, I use proprietary software, not HMRC's), then it sounds like the standard declaration to me.

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”