This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment

Joined:Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 am
Self Assessment

Postby Katy1890 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 am

Good morning everyone,
I´m a self-employed for the last two years and last year I hired an accountant to do my tax return but this year I would like to do as Self-assessment.
And I have all the codes but everytime I try to access throught the HMRC asked the User ID that I did my tax return last year, wich is not my because it was my account who did it.
How can I change that to start doing my Self-assessment?
Thank you.

Joined:Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Self Assessment

Postby JRG » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 pm

I suggest you sign up with HMRC for doing your own Self Assessment online, so you have your own ID, etc.

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”