This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

royal mail signed for HMRC

tiengodue
royal mail signed for HMRC

Postby tiengodue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Hello,

I sent a letter to HMRC with the relevant info via royal mail signed for. The package was sent to the BX9 1AS address.

The royal mail tracking shows "Collected and Signed at Your Customer Service Point Wolverhampton DO. The signature provided by royal mail is of a EDM Wills.

I do not understand why this shows as collected rather than Delivered. Does anyone in the industry know if HMRC have a system of collection of mail at Wolverhampton?

This does not seem quite right and I am considering resending the letter again via special delivery.

Regards,

robbob

Re: royal mail signed for HMRC

Postby robbob » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:18 am

HMRC generally scan most correpodence - so it may be available to confirm as having being received quicker than you think - i wouldnt presume there is any reason to worry but if you have doubts i would speak to hmrc just to confirm everything is in order.

pawncob

Postby pawncob » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:29 pm

I wouldn't like to be the postie who delivers to HMRC at Wolverhampton. They have a special arrangement because of the bulk.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

tiengodue

Postby tiengodue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:51 pm

I wouldn't like to be the postie who delivers to HMRC at Wolverhampton. They have a special arrangement because of the bulk.
hi thanks for the reply.

so do hmrc have a sorting office at wolverhampton?

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”