This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

HMRC telephone recorded messages

etf
Re: HMRC telephone recorded messages

Postby etf » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:49 am

I phoned my doctor's surgery for an appointment this morning and was told I was number 46 in the queue. "Here we go again" was my immediate reaction. How wrong that thought was as they have a system where you can press 0 that means they call you back when they get to your number. Within 15 minutes that call back had matrialised and my appointment is booked for 11.30 today. What a fab system. If anyone from HMRC is reading this, can you get the same system and help the productivity of the country and the well-being of your callers who will no longer have to wait eternally for a reply. The only downside is the prospect of a large needle later this morning :o !

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”