This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

HMRC-is it time to call the Army in?

etf
Re: HMRC-is it time to call the Army in?

Postby etf » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:20 am

The UB40 HMRC repayment checks appear to be the latest disaster area for a new Sir Jim initiative. Having kept my client waiting 9 months to process a very modest tax return refund, his repayment is still showing as pending with a 27 October date (so we now have a 10 month delay and it has still not been issued). It appears HMRC's definition of pending is very different to this one...'about to happen'.

The 26 week estimated post waiting time complaint has also not received any call back.

etf

Postby etf » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:59 am

Still waiting for HMRC to move and update me on the two issues in my recent posts...perhaps when they said 'repayment pending' they meant repayment ponderous...slow and clumsy because of size....(and incredibly poor decision makers at the top).

etf

Postby etf » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:46 am

Still no movement...they've had 10 months and yet to be resolved:

27 Oct 2023 Repayment pending

etf

Postby etf » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:03 am

No change:

etf

Postby etf » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:00 am

I spoke to my postman a day or so ago, as I'd noticed packages were arriving late, and I asked him whether the Post Office was struggling. He confirmed he had been off for two days and nobody had worked on his round and so he now had an unusually large sack to deliver which meant he was running very late and was going to have to work longer than he should have to. i.e. his bosses had no contingency plan and as a result the service ground to a halt.

It is a similar situation at HMRC central where bosses have made a decision to check 1 in 10 repayments. It might be a good idea, but HMRC bosses have to ensure it is resourced and my ongoing situation suggests they haven't:

In other news, my complaint about 26 week wait times has not received any response and the bookies have stopped taking bets that I won't receive one before the predicted 26 December post answer date.

I think Hammy Hamster on 'Tales from the Riverbank' moved with more urgency than HMRC in 2023. I'm looking forward to political parties knocking on my door when the election finally arrives. I'll hand them a link to this thread and tell them to go away and sort out HMRC before I'll discuss anything else.

PS I'm half expecting HMRC to tell me when 26 December arrives without a response to my letter that the expected wait time is now 40 weeks as people have had to be moved to the repayment checking centre as the one individual originally working there is now off with work related stress.

etf

Postby etf » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:00 am

etf

Postby etf » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:36 am

Will the tax refund arrive for Xmas? (11 months after the tax return was submitted). I only get paid once a tax year has been completed so HMRC's shockingly poor service affects me as well as the client. I'm pretty sure this situation is a result of Sir Jim diverting his huge budget to MTD4IT (listing like the Titanic) leaving all other HMRC services threadbare...how do these poor leaders make it to the top?

etf

Postby etf » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:03 am

All I want for Xmas is........

etf

Postby etf » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:24 am

Wonder whether Sir Jim would buck his ideas up if he was told he would receive no gold plated January 2023 salary until this refund is processed. The arrogance of these chiefs and their lack of empathy for their customers is shameful.

etf

Postby etf » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:14 am

Empathy-the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

PS complaint about a 23 week predicted wait for post to be answered times has died a death. The system is insane as I had a reply on something within 20 days yesterday...zero organisation and planning.

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”