This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Taxes Technician

jphilweybr
Taxes Technician

Postby jphilweybr » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:55 pm

Does HMRC have a grade of officers with this name?

I have received a letter signed by one such regarding my SA 2016 return. But it appears as a jape, silly spelling errors, stupid arithmetic mistakes and purporting to make an assessment on me. Two weeks on, my account shows no sum to pay. So I'm assuming this is not genuine, - possibly a joke, possibly malicious, or possibly the chap had two minutes to catch a bus.

Just curious, and thinking how to phrase the complaint. Or indeed, just ignore it.

darthblingbling

Re: Taxes Technician

Postby darthblingbling » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:05 pm

Quality control doesn't exist at HMRC, genuine letters do indeed appear to have been written by the same people who also email you about enhancing your manhood.

Has it give you a number to ring?

jphilweybr

Postby jphilweybr » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Thanks. The number at the top of the page is:
0300 2003300
This looked like a very general number to me which would lead to the same problems as noted
so many times in these pages, but I'm ready to be corrected.

darthblingbling

Postby darthblingbling » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:48 pm

It's a genuine HMRC number so you could ring to check.

jphilweybr

Postby jphilweybr » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks. I won't be in a hurry!

robbob

Postby robbob » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Quality control doesn't exist at HMRC, genuine letters do indeed appear to have been written by the same people who also email you about enhancing your manhood.
Lol nice comment - just a shame its true

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”