This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Remitting savings into UK

salman4040
Remitting savings into UK

Postby salman4040 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:48 am

I am an unemployed female UK resident.who immigrated to UK in 2009.( Housewife.) I do not pay any tax in UK.I do not have any income in UK.
I have savings in my bank account abroad, in the tune of $ 200,000 which I want to bring into UK to help me buy a house.

The source of these savings has been the stipends received from husband and personal gifts from family and friends.This is not profits from investments, rents, pension or any inheritance.

Do I have to declare this money to HMRC (self assessment tax returns) when I transfer it here, in my bank account through normal banking channels?
Is this amount taxable under the HMRC regulations ?

Awaiting helpful advice.

Pinky

darthblingbling

Re: Remitting savings into UK

Postby darthblingbling » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Is your husband UK resident and or UK domiciled?

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”