This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Professional Indemnity Insurance

CG
Professional Indemnity Insurance

Postby CG » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:24 pm

In getting a quote for Professional Indemnity Insurance I have been asked to name one of my clients as they are in the entertainment industry.

Is it a breach of client confidentiality for me to do this?

eionmac

Re: Professional Indemnity Insurance

Postby eionmac » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Yes. You can send question from Insurance company to client and ask them to answer directly or to give you permission to answer. This problem of 'client lists' is a major problem in some industries (I.e. I have some &&&&& industry companies in my client list with 17 page non-disclosure agreements [NDAs] in place, where even the statement that I have XXX as a client is actionable by the client. So you should insert as a minimum into any NDA you sign that 'disclosure to a court or legal inquiry or similar body' is exempt from the NDA. Regret insurance companies do not fall into this category.

Return to “Professionals in Practice & Industry”