This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Preparing for Compliance and ACCA review check

Preparing for Compliance and ACCA review check

Postby 170872 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Dear all,

I have had a small Accountancy practice one man band working from home and I have the following questions regarding compliance to ensure I am fully covered if ACCA comes to inspect
after several years of trading:

- Obtaining new clients - Is a copy of passport or Driving license obtained via what app or pdf email sufficient ? Do I need to stamp the date on the documents?
- Proof of address - Is one type of proof of address sufficient with address on them or two required and again do I need to date on this documents?

Secondly, when ACCA comes for a visit what are the documents that they will be looking at and I should be prepared? I am currently running paperless office where all workings and journals are done on VT transaction and on VT production software.

In addition to my CPD evidence and Professional Indemnity insurance, do I need to be concern about anything else?

I look forward to some of you feedback and advice form people who already has an ACCA visit after certain years of trading.

Thanking you in advance for your advices

Return to “Professionals in Practice & Industry”