This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Did I make the wrong move advice please

Did I make the wrong move advice please

Postby 170872 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi hope someone can provide advice and honest opinion

I have a small practice working from home. I was invited by my client who owns and Estate agent and mortgage advisory office to move to their office and the rent is £400 per month in the high street

Upon moving I was give a desk and there is no private room just an open desk. In front sitting is the estate agent staff.

My question is as an accountancy firm did I make a wrong move to this place?
Should I ask them for a close door office for myself
Or should I just move out and find an independent office space

They have said I am welcome to use one of their rooms for client confidential meetings

Please advice

Thank you

robbob

Re: Did I make the wrong move advice please

Postby robbob » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 am

It's your perosnal choise as to whether you feel ypur location is fit for purpose - its sounds like you feel tis is not the case so perhaps start looking for somewhere more suitable. I guess your problem is that the location you have may be the best on offer.

One advantage may be that if lots of people come in and out of that location and you are known to be a good accountant (or not a bad one lol) who is based from that location you are well placed to pick up passing business.

Main thing is to ensure you have reasonable stpes in place to ensure confidential client info cannot be accessed by others.

Return to “Professionals in Practice & Industry”