This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Can I do This

james 2

Postby james 2 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:16 am

In 89 I bought a large house on standard mortgage
i converted the above floors into a flat.i live in the above flat.

in 93 i had a surveyers valuation then converted the downstairs into 2 flats when work had been completed in 95 the flats where then let.

in 2000 the mortgage was paid off in full

Q...should i have claimed the mortgage relife on 2 thirds from 95-2000

Q...regarding CGT would i be liable for the 2 thirds 95-2003.?

Q...I am looking at moving and possibly letting my own flat,or the whole building is it possible to remortgage then use this mortgage to buy my new property then using the intrest on the loan to offset against tax is it possible.? under normal circumstance i know the answer to the qestion.

j

Ian McTernan CTA

Postby Ian McTernan CTA » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:05 pm

I think you need more advice than a quick answer on this board can give, and I would also need a few more details before answers to your questions and a few of my own could be given.

Ian McTernan CTA
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
Ian@imcternan.com
McTernan Associates Ltd
Chartered Tax Advisers
Bedford
Email through link on website:
http://www.imcternan.com

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”