This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Share pools

tha1_n
Share pools

Postby tha1_n » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi guys

I have a client who has gave some of his to his wife (NGNL) who then transferred them to her son (his step son) five days later.

The wife already holds shares in this company so I understand the shares would be added to her sharepool and a new base cost be calculated for the 'disposal' (transfer) to her son.

I'm a little uncomfortable with this as
a) it is effectively him transferring the shares to her son
b) by transferring it via his wife like this, the base cost and her share pool have been diluted.

Could someone please advise of the correct treatment please.

Thanks

tha1_n

Re: Share pools

Postby tha1_n » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 pm

*gave some shares to his wife

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm

The transferred shares will be the same shares given by the husband. She needs to own them for 30 days before they are added to the pool.

tha1_n

Postby tha1_n » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks. I thought this was strange but my manager was insistent that this was correct. I should be her Manager!

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”