This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

C.G.T. house valuation

kanrent
C.G.T. house valuation

Postby kanrent » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:20 am

Hi im a non resident landlord the recent changes to C.G.T. now mean im liable, i just wondered if i should get my property valued incase i decide to sell in the future, and if so does the H.M.R.C. require it to be valued by any particular persons/ authority.
thank you any advise.

nikkisizer

Re: C.G.T. house valuation

Postby nikkisizer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi kanrent,

Yes it would be prudent to obtain an accurate valuation from a reputable source as close to 05 April 2015 as possible.

HMRC have only stated that it is the responsibility of the taxpayer to ensure that the property is valued accurately for capital gains tax purposes.

Happy to help if required so please do not hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

POOLE77

Postby POOLE77 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

I am in the same situation, a local estate agent made a valuation for me, for free.

On the understanding that I may use them when I eventually sell the house.

nikkisizer

Postby nikkisizer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 am

Hello POOLE77,

Yes, that is often the case with Estate Agents and will suffice for the purpose of capital gains tax.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”